We all love our furry pets but they can wreak havoc on our homes. Here are 7 secrets to maintaining your home with pets.
- Dust your hard surface floors daily. If you have a pet that sheds frequently, keep in mind that hair is floating around your home. Stop those fur bunnies from taking over your home. Our Quick Shine® Hardwood Floor Mop is a quick tool to keep at arms-reach anytime throughout your day. Our microfiber pad traps and locks pet hair and prevents it from floating around in the air.
- Clean soft surfaces. Soft surfaces also collect dust and hair. If you have carpet, sprinkle baking soda down before you vacuum. This trick will eliminate odor and release pet hair from carpet and upholstery.
- Place rugs in high traffic areas. Rugs have come a long way. You can find rugs to match any décor in a home so why not place a few rugs in areas where your pets tend to be messier. Placing them in entry ways and under pet food/water bowls will not only prevent you from slipping but also add a little color to any room.
- Knock out odors. It’s quite simple really, most pets stink. Since daily baths aren’t good for pets like they are for humans, our only resort is to spray an odor eliminating air freshener or light a candle. Washing pet beds should also be added to your list of ways to knock out odors.
- Use Safer Cleaning Products. This is so important for the health of your home. Safer cleaning products can clean just as well as any cleaner and don’t harm your family or pets. That’s a win, win! Our Quick Shine® products have met the Safer Choice® Chemical Standards and proudly wear the Safer Choice® seal of approval on our labels.
- Groom your pet regularly. If you have the time to brush your pet daily or weekly, you are every pets dream come true. If you don’t, make sure you are taking your pet to the groomer’s frequently. Proper grooming can reduce shedding tremendously.
- Relax. This is probably the best secret. No home is completely spotless and that is what makes your home a home. If you don’t relax and enjoy what is going on around you, you will miss a beautiful life.