This morning I woke up and walked into our Kitchen to find piles of papers and receipts my husband had been sorting through the night before laid out across our counter top. I instantly felt stressed. How long was this mess going to be there and in the way? Have you ever walked into this scenario?
I continued to go about my business as I knew he would clean it up (pile it up in a corner out of the way) before heading out the door himself. So as I sit here wondering what I will be coming home to I have already started planning my decluttering strategy. I want to share with you a few tips that work for me.
- Choose your surface. It might be a kitchen counter like mine, an end table or coffee table, a mantel, the fridge …. Just choose one surface to start!
- Now, completely empty it.
- Wipe the surface off with a microfiber cloth and Quick Shine 3-IN-1 MAX ShinePower.
- Step back and gaze at that clean, shiny and empty surface and feel the stress disappear.
- When you’re ready, evaluate what you are going to put back. Do you need everything? Are you using it daily or weekly? How does that item make you feel? Is there anything you can donate, sell, put somewhere else?
You will be amazed at how much better you feel and how decluttering one simple space can relieve stress. You got this! Happy Cleaning. ✨