No matter what’s on your cleaning to-do list, starting with clean tools will save you tons of time and effort! Learn how to clean your tools here with the help of the most popular house cleaning company.
- Mop. The best way to clean your mop is by using reusable microfiber mop pads. Simply toss your microfiber pad in the wash and voila! For sponge mops, soak the mop head in a bucket with 1 cup of hot water and 1 cup of vinegar for half an hour. This will help clean, disinfect, and deodorize the mop head, but you should also aim to replace it every 2 to 3 months.
- Broom. Again, Reusable microfiber mop pads are quick and easy for dusting as well as clean up. Just toss in the wash. To deep clean your broom, place it in a bucket of warm, soapy water for an hour to soak.
- Vacuum. The dirtier your vacuum is on the inside, the more it will struggle to pick up dirt off your carpets! In order to keep your vacuum in tip-top shape, make sure to thoroughly clean the dust cup, filter(s), and brush roll. I am always amazed at all the hair that gets tangled around these areas.
- Sponges. Pour a tablespoon or so of vinegar over a wet sponge, then microwave it for 2 minutes. You can also place your sponge in the dishwasher.
- Dishwasher. Cleaning your dishwasher a couple of times a year to remove food residue and grimy buildup can help keep it working correctly. To clean your machine run a cycle on its own with vinegar and baking soda and go from funky to fresh again.
- Washing Machine. Just like your dishwasher, routine cleaning with vinegar and baking soda ran on a cycle on its own will help fight odor and remove buildup.
Keeping your tools clean will not only help fight odors in the home and make cleaning easier, they save you money from having to replace them often. Reusable tools also help our planet so stock up on all your cleaning essentials here!