Hardwood floors add value to your home but there are still disadvantages to hardwood floors and with the competitive marketplace of flooring, hardwood floors have taken a slight decrease with the popular waterproof flooring on the rise. We have all the pros and cons for installing hardwood floors for your next renovation.
- A long-term investment
- Variety of color and species
- Quality that is ageless
- Easy maintenance and hygiene
- Healthy air quality at home
- Better for babies
- Good acoustics
- Perfect matching with a shiplap siding facade
- Easy to install
- Matches any decor
- Prone to termite attack (you can get help from a specialist at pest control Canberra)
- Avoid water contact
- Limited usage for all rooms
- Cold underfoot
- May require refinishing
All in all we think the CONs can easily become PROs with a little tweaking. Here is what we suggest:
- Cost – There are many grades of hardwood floors to choose from so price can be very reasonable to suit any wallet.
- Prone to termite attack – learn how to control termites during winter and treat your home for these pesky bugs to prevent such attacks.
- Avoid water contact – Avoid flood coating your floors while cleaning. We recommend this.
- Scratching – Trim pet nails and lift furniture instead of scooting to prevent scratches. If you need to fill in micro-scratches, try this.
- Limited usage for all rooms – Who wants wood floors in the bathroom anyway? Get creative with tile and switch it up in the bathroom.
- Cupping – Avoid leaks or water.
- Crowning – Avoid leaks or water.
- Noise – Place area rugs to soften the noise.
- Cold underfoot – Place area rugs under beds/furniture so you add warmth underfoot. You can also wear house slippers to keep your toes toasty.
- May require refinishing – Reach for Quick Shine! It’s like a new floor in a bottle!