Today we are going to share with you a video tutorial on how to use our Quick Shine® Deep Cleaner. This product was specifically developed to not only deep clean your floors, but also to safely remove our finishes due to misapplication or to simply remove multiple layers so you can start fresh with a new coat of finish. The Deep Cleaner will also remove other waxes and finishes without harming hardwood floors or their polyurethane seal or any other type of hard floor surface, including tile and tile grout.
This tutorial is a great resource as it breaks down the step-by-step instructions on how to easily use the Quick Shine® Deep Cleaner. Click the YouTube link below to enjoy our short tutorial:
We also wanted to include a written version of our tips on how to use the Deep Cleaner. Please see below for details instructions:
- In a bucket, dilute the Deep Cleaner in HOT water as HOT water is more effective.
- Using a mop with a microfiber or scrubber pad, apply to the floor surface. Do small sections (5’x5’) of the floor at a time in order to maintain a more manageable removal and clean-up. You can also remove our Finish from only the affected areas without treating the entire floor.
- Allow the Deep Cleaner solution to remain on the floor for a few minutes. CAUTION: Do not allow the solution to dry and re-adhere to the surface. If solution appears to be drying, add a little warm water to keep the surface wet.
- The Finish that you are removing should start to turn to a milky white film indicating the finish is being removed.
- At the end of 2-3 minutes, agitate with a microfiber or scrubber pad. Aggressive agitation and elbow grease are typically required to remove ground-in dirt and multiple layers of the finish.
- Once you have removed the floor finish, rinse the area with clear, warm water and allow to dry. Then you can proceed to the next 5’x5’ area and repeat steps 1-6.
After all the compromised finish has been removed, you can reapply the Floor Finish or Hardwood Floor Luster in the affected area with a damp sponge or microfiber cloth and let it dry completely. The finish contains leveling agents that help the product provide uniform coating with the rest of the floor surface. For larger areas, you can reapply using a mop and damp microfiber mop pad. It is important to let the floor dry completely before applying any subsequent coats of Floor Finish or Hardwood Floor Luster.
NOTE: For heavy build-up, you may need to use a second treatment and/or you can also increase the dilution from 1 cup per gallon to 2-3 cups per gallon. Deep Cleaner is concentrated, therefore it makes 3.5 gallons (at 1 cup per gallon), which should be enough for 500 square feet.